1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Some more Gloucestershire resources

Discussion in 'More Gloucestershire resources' started by Susan, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Susan

Susan LostCousins Member

This website has a searchable database for several Gloucestershire register offices. They contain mother's maiden names, spouse's names and age at death back to 1837. The coverage is not yet complete though.
    Gloucestershire register offices

For the Forest of Dean, there is a website dedicated to this small area. Registration is required to use the searchable church records database and to post in the forum, but non-memebers can read the forum and the many articles on the site.
    Forest of Dean
    The database does include some churches that lie just outside the Forest of Dean boundary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bejantine74

bejantine74 LostCousins Member

The Forest of Dean website has moved - it is now at Forest of Dean

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavidL

DavidL LostCousins Member

It's been a few years since I used it but I believe it spills into Monmouthshire. It was very useful for ancestors around Chepstow.

4. Julien

Julien LostCousins Member

Resources on the FOD site have expanded greatly since I joined nearly 10 years ago - I made some good contacts including a long lost 3rd cousin in New Zealand. The Parish register transcriptions are good and the Marriage Allegations too. There is much more besides.