1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Search A-Z of Record sets seems to have gone missing

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by Bazza43, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Bazza43

Bazza43 LostCousins Member

I use 'Search A-Z of Record sets' all the time to find a record set of interest, and one of the most useful record sets to me is * Parish Registers Browse, where * is a county of interest which FMP covers.

However, the usual link to the SEarch for Record sets is no longer in evidence. Does anyone know what's happened? Likewise the parish registers browse facility seems to have vanished. This is very useful, as it gives access to the Record Office reference IDs and also indicates the start and end years of each register.
    Tonight I searched for a register of interest by searching the marriages for that county and put in the year 1910. Upon viewing the image for one of them, I found he images raged from 1 to 77. At the end, I found some quite unusual items. Image 77 was the receipt from the Record Office for the register, and it was preceded by odd documents including a blank form for sending (or receiving?) details of the proclamation of the intention to marry and the results (ie Banns) to a Civil Registration Office in France. The form was in French, and I got the impression without spending too long reading it that its purpose was to satisfy French legal requirements that the party was eligible to be married to is proposed spouse.

So although I was frustrated by not being able to see the details of the register I wanted, I did at least see something else of interest.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It has been renamed to All record sets and presented slightly differently.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  3. Bazza43

Bazza43 LostCousins Member

I see!