1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Rootsweb

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by MaryT, Feb 27, 2016.

1. MaryT

MaryT LostCousins Member

Rootsweb is down. And with it, all it's mailing lists. No-one seems to know when it might return.

Ancestry Insider

And with it the website for my one-place study :(

Trees are still (sort of) accessible, but you have to be prepared to wait about 5 minutes for a page to load, so not really.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Rootsweb is part of Ancestry - it's possible that it has been subjected to another DDOS attack.

3. MaryT

MaryT LostCousins Member

Ancestry are saying there's been a hardware failure, and that Rootsweb should be back up on or about 15 March

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Beware the Ides of March....

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

Seems to be happening now. My website is up and running again, and some list mail is tricking through - including a spam one!

6. MaryT

MaryT LostCousins Member

:D:D:D:D
    Mines back up too!