1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Reply Icons

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by Gillian, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

I didn't know you could do that, I've often wondered where regular users are from etc. It just goes to show you are never too old to learn, thanks Bryman.

2. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Be good if everyone entered their location on their profile. Personally,I'm also quite happy to state my age,(so folks can make allowances) and gender.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There's already an area where new members can post a message without anyone seeing it.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Might be worth re-reading the advice for new members - there might be other things you've forgotten?

5. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Funny you should say that......

6. Heather

Thanks Peter, yet again, I did not know that, I'm learning lots this week, or maybe I knew about it and with the passing of time it has entered the twilight zone !! :eek:

7. Heather

You could be right Peter, see posting above.

8. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

A very useful provision but not seen by anyone else so no opportunity for helpful comment. I simply added an extra suggestion in case it might be of additional benefit.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Did you mean you posted a suggestion into the sandbox?

I used the sandbox as a practice for my first post/new conversation, then posted it at a later date onto the forum ( I think with some alterations).

10. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

What is a sandbox?
    It sounds like something the kids would play in!

11. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Follow the link in Peter's posting above (9th April) And you are very welcome to play in it;)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. Heather

But you must bring your own bucket and spade ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Good tip Good tip x 1