1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Questions.

Discussion in 'Key features of the LostCousins site' started by kiwilong, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Surely that is not true. I am sure that I have received notifications following a post which was not replied to. We can easily test that by you replying to a post of another member (like yourself) and I will let you know if I get a notification.

2. Me too.

3. I got notification about both of your posts, otherwise I wouldn't know you had posted.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I think what At home in NZ meant was that you'd only get a notification if there was a reply to the discussion you had contributed to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. peter

If there has only been one change you'd better ask Spark what they were doing with your incoming mail since they didn't deliver it to you and they didn't return it to me.

6. Perhaps check the spam folder in your webmail. I have to do that now and again when I know messages aren't getting through to my Outlook.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Good tip Good tip x 1
  7. Bryman

That is what I intend to do but I think that I need to check that I and then the forum are not the cause before casting the net wider.

That is another good idea. I have not done that for about a year, largely because I have not been aware of messages not being delivered.

8. Bryman

I looked at the contents of my webmail spam folder and got a shock. Items get automatically deleted after 2-3 weeks but there were still some there that should not have been classed as spam. Several notifications from various threads of the forum, transcripts from a couple of discussions with FMP support, and even a message from my old university. Most were duplicates of mail items which did get through to me but not the forum notifications. I will contact Spark to find out just what is going on. Perhaps they had a problem or two but got it sorted and did not tell everybody once things were back to normal.

I suggest that any other NZ forum members using Spark as their email provider should check their webmail spam folder. Thanks AhiNZ for the suggestion.

9. Spark will simply tell you to add email addresses to your Contacts, that's what they told me when I wasn't getting emails from Ancestry.
    BUT, if they tell you differently, post their answer here. Please.
    good luck.

10. peter

Everyone should check their online spam folder - this problem isn't specific to Spark, and it certainly isn't specific to LostCousins.

• Agree Agree x 3