1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Publicising Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Alexander Bisset, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you can reward incorrect entries. The middle course seems like the best as it has a level of encouragement to do better yet doesn't reward the out and out mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

What a brilliant idea!

3. Alexander Bisset

Starting to take shape.

upload_2019-1-28_0-47-9.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Alexander Bisset

Peter when FTAnalyzer is going to check the FMP website is it ok to use the full weblink as per the button on the Lost Cousins site. eg:
    http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awin...r-england-and-wales?pieceno=6874&schedule=215

I'm guessing that leaving the awin1.com part on then produces more website hits for the awin tracking which I imagine is a good thing for tracking purposes? Or should I use a modified version so you can track it was an FTAnalyzer lookup? I could just strip the awin1 part and start with http://search.findmypast.co.uk if that's better?

5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Alexander, please use the same weblinks but modify them slightly. For example, at the moment the link you posted includes 'clickref=1911' but if you change that to 'clickref=1911FTA' it will be tracked separately.

6. Alexander Bisset

Thanks will do.