1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

NSW BDM

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Margery, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

As of today, the Registry has births to 1913, marriages to 1963 and deaths to 1983.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  2. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Margery

Thanks AndyMick, the changes to the new "improved" records were definitely needed. One wonders who designed the new site and who tested it? Pity that they didn't speak to the experts before launching it as there has been much discussion and angst on mailing lists. And yes, transcription agents are the way to go.

4. Margery

Now available births to 1914 (remember if the given name is unknown just put*), marriages to 1964 and deaths to 1984.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  5. MarionK

MarionK Moderator Staff Member

If my memory serves me right (no guarantees:rolleyes:), the online indexes are now updated daily, so we don't have to wait a year for another year's worth of indexes to appear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Margery

Are they? Hasn't been mentioned onthe NSW Rootsweb list. I'll have to follow that up. Thanks Marion.

7. MarionK

MarionK Moderator Staff Member

Margery, I've just checked the site & yes, my memory was correct (this time!) Below is an extract from the Basic Guidelines:

You can search Life Event up to...

Event

Search up to

Births

(over 100 years ago)

Deaths

(over 30 years ago)

Marriages

(over 50 years ago)

For example if today's date is 1 September 2014, you can search for births up to 31 August 1914.

Good to know that the service is improving!