1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Norfolk Parish Records

Discussion in 'More Norfolk Resources' started by Sue54, May 1, 2013.

1. Sue54

Sue54 Member

I have found many of my ancestors by using these two sites

1) Search the Free Reg site

This gives you the home page and here you can check which parishes have been transcribed. You can also search and all for free.

If you find ancestors in FreeReg you can then visit this site

2) Family Search Norfolk Parish Registers

You can then search through the scans of the parish records. You can print a copy and save a copy to your computer and all for free.

It speeds things up if you already have the dates and events from searching FreeReg

FreeReg is still a work in progress so you need to check back now and again.

I hope this makes sense as it is my first post on this forum.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. LawrenceP

LawrenceP Member

If you are particularly interested in Norfolk PRs, have you come across this site:

Completely free, and with excellent and growing coverage of Norfolk

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sue54

Sue54 Member

I have looked at that site many years ago but Hunstanton was not covered. There is no later news than 2005 on their news page. I seem to remember that one of the owners was unable to continue. I am not sure that any new records will appear there.

4. Vivian

Vivian New Member

An ongoing project for the transcription of Norfolk Baptism Registers for 1813-1880:

TINSTAAFL Transcripts

Transcribed parishes also include photos of the parish church

5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I think you'll find that these transcriptions are also on the FreeREG site - in some cases FreeREG has more baptisms for the same parishes. However it can be useful to see a list of baptisms in date order, so both sites have their uses.

6. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

FreeReg has updated their site making it much easier to read and adding the option of searching nearby parishes. Very useful for Norfolk with wandering Ag Labs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

It also shows both parties in a marriage on the results page, rather than you having to go to the actual record to see. A minor point. perhaps, but quite useful.

• Agree Agree x 3