1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

No Schedule # on 1911 census

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by canadianbeth, Jan 19, 2021.

1. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I just found my great-aunt on the 1911 census, listed as an inmate at the age of 12. Many names on the page, and there is a page number of 10. I was able to work back to page one but there is no schedule number at the top. How do I find that? The address is Muller's Orphan Houses, Ashley Down, Bristol.

ETA: I found her in FMP, schedule #9999.

2. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

I had the same problem with an Ancestry reference to a boarding school which I then looked up on FMP and entered on my Lost Cousins page . There's an additional reference number RG78 piece number listed on the print copy rather than the image and it proved to be the right one to put in the piece number spot and the piece number went in the SN spot. It did the trick! I took a quick look at Mullers Orphan House on FMP and it looks as if the same process might work .

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please do NOT use the RG78 piece numbers - they come from a completely different record set, and if one appears to work it will only be by chance.

If you have access to Findmypast the references you need to use are shown in the transcript, and the Add Ancestor form helpfully shows the prefixes (ie RG14PN and SN). If you don't have a Findmypast subscription please follow this advice on the FAQs page.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I used the RG14 number of 15092; it was the schedule number that was not there on the handwritten page but when I looked for her on FMP I discovered that the schedule number was 9999. And now I remember that I had to use that 9999 for another ancestor, my paternal grandmother's brother was also in a very long list of workhouse names. This particular great-aunt was my maternal grandmother's sister.

5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

As mentioned previously, if you don't have a Findmypast subscription, follow the advice on the FAQs page.