1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

New to the forum but not to family history

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Lankylady, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Lankylady

Lankylady LostCousins Member

Hello there, although I'm new to the forum I've been a member of Lost Cousins for many years. I first started researching my family history back in 1987 searching first of all for my grandfather, William Morris, born in Hull Yorkshire around 1876. I say around because I've never been able to locate a birth certificate for him. It wasn't until some 30 years later that, with a great deal of detective work, I found his origins were with the Buttolph family from Norfolk. I'm fairly experienced in family history - although there's always something new to learn - and have written many family history articles for national genealogy magazines. I'm happy to help where I can - and to ask for help when I need it.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3