1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

"New Posts"

Discussion in 'Any questions?' started by Marguerite, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Marguerite

Marguerite LostCousins Member

I replied to a post from Karen searching for her family and her last post was on 26 May 1915.

When I click on "new posts" this didn't appear. Is "New Posts" only applicable to English posts? It took me a while to find the post again, that is why I am querying it.

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

The Forum has only been going 2 years!!

Aren't all posts in English then?

3. Tim

Do you mean this one?

Are you following the discussion?

4. Marguerite

My mistake - I meant to write May 26th 2015 - sorry.
    Yes, of course they are as all well known. I meant to say that someone looking for a Polish ancestor and who had written in the English language did not appear on "New Posts" as the answers did not either.

5. Marguerite

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  6. Marguerite

Do I have to? I do not follow other posts that are shown under "New Posts".

7. Marguerite

No, I did not think it was necessary - my bad!!!!

8. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

No you don't have to however when you visit that page it gets marked as read whether you go to the end of the discussion and actually read every post or not. So you may have just missed the post?

9. Marguerite

Sorry to keep harping on about it but it does not appear under "new posts" .

10. Tim

New Posts shows everything that was posted since you last visited the Forum.

11. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

Not quite. It shows those threads that have not been opened since you last visited the forums.

12. Marguerite

Thank you Norman

13. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

If I can't relate back to a discussion I have read before (and I cannot see the heading under New Posts) I always use 'Discussions I'm following' which shows 'unread' discussions. If still not shown then I click on the 'show all unwatched discussions' button and almost without fail find what I seek.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  14. Marguerite

Thanks Bob, also very helpful.