1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Natal Province, Civil Marriages, 1845-1955 at FamilySearch

Discussion in 'Africa' started by AtcherleyOrgUK, Jul 17, 2013.

1. AtcherleyOrgUK

AtcherleyOrgUK LostCousins Member

FamilySearch has added an indexed collection of Natal marriages, with images. I have already found two Atcherley marriages plus many marriages of the Ryley descendants of Edward Ryley and Mary Ellen Atcherley. The images I have seen so far are of pages headed "Duplicate Original Register" and it is also worth noting that no information is given on the fathers of the bride and groom (at least not on the marriages I have looked at so far). On the other hand, I have just spotted a marriage from the 1930s which gave the countries of birth of the bride and groom!

Natal Province, Civil Marriages, 1845-1955

Steve

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Thanks for this, it has enabled me to break down a few brick walls on my Francis family. I knew that they had gone to Natal, but hadn't looked for new online records for a while. I found the marriage of my 3G-Uncle and his daughter in Pietermaritzburg.

3. AtcherleyOrgUK

AtcherleyOrgUK LostCousins Member

Excellent! Glad my post flagged up a useful record set.

4. Geoff23

Geoff23 New Member

Not the family of Wesley Francis (1836-1913, son of Harry Francis and Mary Clark m. 1815 in the Isle of Wight) by any chance? Wesley Francis married Emma Kate Jefferies 1843-1914 in Pietermaritzburg in 1864. Emma Kate was the twin of Alice Maud Jefferies 1843-1884, my greatx2 grandmother.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019