1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My husband got me started

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by ValleyM, Sep 15, 2020.

1. ValleyM

ValleyM New Member

Before I married my husband he was already seriously involved in tracing his own Family Tree and while we were going out it was quite a normal date for us to be travelling around Victoria, Australia wandering through cemeteries trying to find dead relatives.
    My family knew a fair bit about our ancestors going back a few generations, however, my father never knew his grandfather and he had never been spoken of, except dad had a vague memory of hearing of his death when he was about 7 years of age. From then the hunt was on, and long before the internet. This was my first brick wall which took quite some time to completely knock down, in the meantime I became hooked.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4