1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Mistakes in BMD, FMP and Ancestry

Discussion in 'England & Wales BMD registers' started by Marguerite, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Marguerite

Marguerite LostCousins Member

I have just tried to find the wife of Karl Friedrich Domay whom he married in 1907 in Sunderland. Ancestry showed 2 males, one female. FMP showed similar.

I tried entering the details for Karl Friedrich Domay, i.e. registry details, without names,but with no success.

Frustrated, I tried FamilySearch. Success. Karl Friedrich Domay married Magdalene Kappes am 1907 Sunderland.

I will obvously inform these two sites.

2. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Thats funny I just went to FMP entered Karl Domay married Sunderland in 1907 and it brought it right up , sometimes it pays to just search on the first name rather than all first names.

3. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Marguerite, having searched on Ancestry, you no doubt have his Certificate of Naturalisation, details of his Emigration, birth details etc ?

4. Marguerite

Heather, yes thank you. :)

5. Miranda

Miranda LostCousins Member

I just checked both Ancestry and FMP for the marriage. Ancestry had the wrong page number for Magdalen Kappes which would be why she didn't show on the same transcript as Karl Domay. I added a correction to the transcription. It came up on FMP o.k.

6. Marguerite

Miranda

Thank you very much. I saw the discrepancy but forgot to report it.