1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Missing page - 1891 census

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by jorghes, Apr 7, 2023.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I have a question for the venerable minds of the forum - is there a way to tell Ancestry that they are missing a page of the 1891 census?

The page in question is for Leverington, Cambridgeshire, and composes of the households from schedule numbers 19-25, which can easily be found on FindMyPast. Ancestry's scans of the census pages just skips the particular page completely and goes from 18 on the base of one page, to 26 on the next.

The reference is: Piece 1303, Folio 5, page 4 of the 1891 census for Leverington.

It was lucky that the page was on FindMyPast, as it contains the Smith family that I was searching on Ancestry for.

2. What I would do is go to a household in the page immediately before or after the missing page then click on Report a Problem at left then tell them what is missing.
    I've reported problems with about missing records many a time but I can't say I've ever followed up to see if a correction has been made.

3. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I have done as you have suggested and reported it as a missing attached to the household immediately prior to the missing page. Now it's just to see what happens next.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1