1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Meeting two 4th cousins once removed

Discussion in 'Meeting my 'lost cousin'' started by Susan48, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Susan48

Susan48 LostCousins Superstar

When one of these cousins (sisters) contacted me several years ago via the Essex Society for Family History because we shared a surname interest, it was clear to both of us that if we should ever meet we would probably hit it off. Unfortunately she lives in Vancouver and I live in Sussex. A family wedding on her side brought her to our neck of the woods and we met for the first time today, along with her sister. We did indeed hit it off. And of course I've referred her to Lost Cousins!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Susan, I am so pleased for you. We met a second cousin of my husband, whom we had contacted in a very roundabout way, when we visited Ireland several years ago. Not only did they look alike but we all got on like a house on fire. Pity that we live on the other side of the world!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1