1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Meeting Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'Meeting my 'lost cousin'' started by Meg, May 16, 2013.

1. Meg

Meg New Member

Yes I have met a lost cousin and in fact a lost Aunt .
    My dad met his father.
    When I began family history I went in search of my fraternal grandfather with no success. One night in frustration I typed my grandfather's name in a google search. Up came an old posting 4 years old with someone looking for him. I emailed the person concerned.
    A reply came back asking what relation he was. "Grandfather" I replied. His response was that he was "all accounted for" but he offered to see if there was a connection with the family if I sent hard evidence. I sent the marriage certificate and a photo.
    The next email was different. " Wow you are right" He informed me I had many cousins and also an aunt alive. He encouraged me to visit Perth Western Australia.
    My husband and I were going on a cruise departing from Western Australia and on telling him this we found we had booked the same cruise were on the same deck . We had 46 nights to get to know each other.
    On return Ron organised a family get together. I met many family and visited my grandfather's grave as well as meeting my aunt.
    My 83 yr old mother came to Australia on holiday and I took her to meet dad's family. She met her sister in law for the first time. We all keep in touch. I only wish that Dad had met the family he never knew he had.

• Agree Agree x 1