1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Looking for some help re WWI Australian and New Zealand Nurses

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Britjan, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Forwarding a request from a member of a private Facebook group I run . I know it a long shot but it was worth posting.

She quotes from a request re a proposed memorial for a WWI AANS nurse Maud Emily Victoria Bassett

"I have been contacted by Darcy Maddock, President, Friends of Toowong Cemetery, Brisbane, Qld.
    He is needing assistance to locate any living descendant or member of the extended family of WW1 AANS Sister Maud Emily Victoria Bassett.
    As part of the FOTC ongoing project to commemorate all service personnel buried in Toowong Cemetery, he aims to install an official ADF bronze rising sun plaque.
    She never married. This is what we know of her family:
    Her sister Ada May Bassett
    Event date: 16/11/1898
    Event type: Marriage registration
    Registration details: 1898/C/2323
    Products available:
    Spouse: William Orr Lang
    Her second sister Catherine Mary Bassett
    Event date: 30/11/1898
    Registration details: 1898/C/2324
    Products available:
    Spouse: Kenneth Hill McIver
    Her brother Cornelius John Bassett
    Event date: 10/09/1911
    Registration details: 1911/C/1353
    Products available:
    Spouse: Bridget May Frances Cody
    Her sister Adelaide Alice Bassett
    Event date: 03/07/1912
    Registration details: 1912/C/1609
    Products available:
    Spouse: Harold Sydney McLean Thomsett "

Respond to me here and I'll forward through my contact in the group

2. There are several trees in Ancestry with either Maud or her siblings. The few I have looked at don't appear to have any living people in them but it could be worth a good look at all the trees.
    I entered a Bassett name in the Search all Records then selected Family Trees at left.
    I found Maud in the discovering Anzacs site, see this link an interesting read.