1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Look out for the arrows

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Heather, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Whilst searching for an ancestor I had a hint from Ancestry to look at a passenger list. I downloaded the document, made some notes and saved the document to my tree. I had occasion to have another look at said document only to realise I had not noticed the title " List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United" As my ancestor was travelling to America, it was obvious that there was another page following the one I had seen. Sure enough revisiting Ancestry I found that there was indeed another page " States Immigration Officer at Port of Arrival" with much more information regarding my ancestor.

I wonder how many of us have not used the arrows > at each side of some documents found on the internet eg military records, census pages etc and in so doing have missed out on useful additional information, just a thought.:rolleyes:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

And wills, and parish registers...... even if they're not directly relevant they can provide context.