1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Living Relatives on Ancestry

Discussion in 'Any questions?' started by Sue345, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Sue345

Sue345 LostCousins Member

I have very recently found the full names of my brother-in-law and his cousins on a tree on Ancestry in plain view. I wrote to the author of the tree and he has kindly ammended it. He replied that he has been contacted by another branch of the family saying the same thing.

I don't put my own generation on my tree, but my mother now age 101 is there. On the Edit page, she was marked as deceased.
    I wonder if the new format of Ancestry has somehow upset the settings?

I will write to Ancestry about the problem, but meanwhile a heads up for people with public trees to check their own living relatives.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2