1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Libraries with the 1921 for free

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Mitch_in_Notts, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Mitch_in_Notts

Mitch_in_Notts LostCousins Member

Peter must be extremely lucky if his council has the Premium Library Edition of findmypast.
    I recollect when I went to Manchester earlier in the year that, yes, they have the 1921, but only the Local records Library Edition of findmypast otherwise.
    So here in Nottinghamshire I've just done a check to find out which of my closest authorities might have free access to the 1921.
    The Library systems of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire all have the Local records Library Edition. That leaves Leicestershire and Sheffield both of which have the findmypast Library edition, but which one?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

In the case of Essex they specifically state that the 1921 Census is included; the member who first alerted me to the possibility lives in Cheshire.