1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Two new forums (for members only) on the topics of gardening and food/recipes. You'll find them under Anything but genealogy (where else?).
  6. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

Latin help please.

Discussion in 'Roman Catholic ancestors' started by Kate, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

2. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Sorry, I couldn't see where to type!
    Can anyone understand this please? Rose was born on Feb 4 and baptised on 15 March according to the form but I don't understand what is down the side.
    Thanks.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I think it says she was baptised at home, presumably on 15th March, and that there was further ceremony at the church on 23rd April. In the Church of England this would be a private baptism followed by reception into the church.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Thank you. This was definitely in a an RC church but that makes sense..
    Perhaps she was poorly, so baptised at home, then a further ceremony in church when she was better. I have had this for years and wondered!