1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Large Collection of Old Maps of London and Four of Australia

Discussion in 'More London Resources' started by Jennie, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Maps of London
    An extensive range of old maps including Ward/Parish and one of a Plan of Ye Great Fire in London, 7 Nov 1765.

Tucked away in the middle of these are even two maps of Sydney, Australia 1833 and two of New South Wales, Eastern and Western 1833 which I've added to the Australia Resources Forum. Perhaps they are there for a reason but no explanation given and I don't know why other than guessing they are London produced maps connected with Transportion to those parts?

2. MarionK

MarionK Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, Jennie, for reminding me of this site. There are more maps now for me to pore over. Love them!

3. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Wow interesting! I will also spend some time looking at these! I have just seen one for the Mile End Old Town so will be pouring over that as my ancestors lived in that area. Thank you.

4. Heilan Lass

Heilan Lass LostCousins Member

I have ancestors who lived in that area too (so do a high proportion of researchers no doubt!) - Mainly Bethnal Green but MEOT and Poplar as well. What names, and when, are you researching?