1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Keeping Track of who has been entered on Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by timd, Apr 8, 2020.

1. timd

timd New Member

Keeping track of who has been entered on Lost Cousins?

I have various ways of recording my FH research but, certainly for more distant cousins who appear in branches I have yet to particularly focus upon, their records often only exist behind my various trees on Ancestry. So as to help speed up the process of identifying which households have yet to be entered on LC, I wonder if anyone has a system or tips for recording which households have been entered (or not been entered)? Clearly the system would need to identify not just (un)entered households but those appearing in one of the qualifying censuses as well.

I have tried using the Sort by Household facility in LC but with a growing number of total entries etc, that is not providing particularly quick/easy help.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Quite a few members of this forum use Family Tree Analyzer, but whether that's the best answer for you depends on a number of factors. See the FT Analyzer discussions for more details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. timd

timd New Member

Peter, thanks. I use a Mac and so far as I can tell from the AppStore and the sections on FTA here, FTA is not available for Macs. I well understand there are big differences between that and Windows software.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There is a Mac version now.

5. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

There certainly is, and I can recommend it for identifying households appearing in the various censuses. See this link.

6. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Another good way is to create a Lost Cousins fact in your Family Tree Program, as FTA (even the Mac version, which I also use and recommend) will then not add duplicates for all those with LC facts.