1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How I have identified records to add to my Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'Advanced techniques for experienced users' started by AdrienneQ, May 15, 2013.

1. AdrienneQ

AdrienneQ Moderator Staff Member

I thought I had done quite well with the 132 entries I have on Lost Cousins .
    I had followed my blood lines in FTM and then entered any Census records I found, this had given me 3 contacts.
    Since joining the Forum I have come across Alexanders program FTAnalyer for investigating your GEDCOM file. As this program is still in a Beta state I did some testing and he was very helpful in making a couple of tweaks to return a better set of data.
    The program produces lists of people who have s Census records for you to enter in Lost cousins.
    There is a method of excluding those who you have a already entered, to do this in FTM you go to Edit>>Manage Facts and add a Label "Lost Cousins". You then add this to all the people you have already entered by (In a couple of cases this means 3 entries for 1841, 1881 and 1911).
    After doing this preparation work I produced a new GEDCOM and found another 232 records for me to enter. I will let you know if I get any more matches. screen_2013-05-15 07.36.52.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

So how did you get on Adrienne? 125 people in the 1881 census, did you get lucky? :cool: