1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Honley Cemetery

Discussion in 'West Riding' started by Siobhan, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Siobhan

Siobhan LostCousins Member

Honley Cemetery. This site has not been updated since 2003. It has cemetery inscriptions, a burial book, as well as some Chapel and Garden of Rest inscriptions. In addition, there is a list of names from the 1811 Honley Census, and three 1906 maps - two of Honley and one of Brockholes.

I found my mother's sister who died aged two on this site . My mother did not know anything about her apart from her christian name and that she has died very young. She was not sure where she was buried. The record gave age and year of death which enabled us to search on FBMD, leading us to ordering both birth and death certificates through GRO. My mother was thrilled when they arrived. The surname is a very common one which had made it difficult to hone in on the right child before we found this record.