1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Hampshire Churches

Discussion in 'More Hampshire Resources' started by FamilyHistoryGal, May 7, 2017.

1. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

When I add baptisms to my family history program I don't just want to say baptised at Hursley. I want to be able to name the church in full (Saints Name). This website will assist.

Hampshire Churches

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

For other counties (or, indeed, Hampshire) a Google search along the lines of the one below will usually produced the answer you need:

hursley genuki

Watch out for baptisms which refer to the parish but didn't take place in the parish church, for example some of the non-conformist baptisms I referred to in my latest newsletter look as if they did. For example the baptisms below actually took place in the Wesleyan Chapel:

upload_2017-5-7_16-2-36.png
    © Crown Copyright Image reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England and used with the permission of Findmypast

3. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

Yes, I do google church names but its nice to see a photo of the church (if one is available) and this website does have Hampshire church photos too

4. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Thanks for reference to this web site. I had seen/visited relatively few of the churches but was surprised at how many I did not recognize at first due to a different view point being used for the photo rather than my remembered approach.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1