1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

German translation

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bee, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Bee

Bee LostCousins Superstar

Can anyone help me with the translation of a German death certificate please. It is available on Ancestry. I know it is the correct person. Thank you

2. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I have a German friend with whom I will be playing crib tomorrow. If no one is able to help you before then, I can ask her.

3. Bee

I have had an offer. The translator has found the database but cannot access the document on her Ancestry subscription . You need access to overseas records. We haven't worked out a way round that yet. I don't have a tree online.
    If you can access it then I'd be very grateful if you would ask your friend if they are willing to translate it.

4. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I have Ancestry World Deluxe. Would that give me access?

5. Bee

Yes probably. If my other offer doesn't work out I'll get back to you if that's OK. Thank you.

6. Bee

Thank you for your kind offer to ask your friend to translate a German death certificate for me. The first offer has now come up trumps and I have a translation.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1