1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTA has a new home!

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Tim, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

For those of you who use FTA to help discover data errors in their Family Trees, or use to identify which Households to add to LostCousins or even for ensuring you have all the children accounted for in the 1911 census, you will be pleased to know that the Download site and help documents have moved to a new hosting site.

The new link is here.

Before you download the newest and latest software, it will be wise to uninstall the old version that you are using.

If you downloaded from the old site, then you won't get redirected to the new site and therefore you will never get any more updates. So please follow these simple steps.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  2. Tim

Also, there is a rather good Facebook Page, which you can see here.

3. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

And even a twitter feed @ftanalyzer (although that doesn't mean I know how to use twitter :))

4. MelG

MelG LostCousins Member

Has anyone had install errors with the latest version of FTAnalyzer from the new site? I followed the link in the latest newsletter and downloaded & ran that version ok, but when I ran it today it updated, but the AVG antivirus software complained that there were problems with the download and FTAnalyzer wouldn't run. I then tried to download it to my laptop and had the same problem. I turned off AVG but still no joy.

5. Alexander Bisset

Can you be specific as to what "problems with the download" were reported. Often it will show a box with a "more details" button. It's this long list of seeming gobbledegook that contains the info I need to fix the issue.

6. MelG

MelG LostCousins Member

It wasn't the download as such, but AVG warned that the file may be dangerous and has been submitted for interrogation. The setup.exe was downloaded ok and ran, but then AVG intervened and prevented the installation from completing. The first download the other day from the new site was ok but when I ran FTAnalyzer today it checked for an update and then the errors were reported. I don't now get the dialog box that had the "more details" link.

7. Alexander Bisset

8. MelG

MelG LostCousins Member

OK, thanks. I don't think it's the setup.exe, it's when the install starts. I'll try it again tomorrow and try to capture more error info.

9. FredC

FredC LostCousins Member

Great piece of software, thank you.
    I would appreciate it if you could advise the best way to deal with the following examples of data errors.

Residence census date warnings I2264 Joseph Sale Census Fact dated 1851 doesn't match census reference Piece: 3589, Folio: 55, Page: 47 date of UK Census 1901 21 MAY 1842 ABT 1905

Fact warning/error detected I0307 James Welsby Census Fact dated APR 1851 doesn't match census reference date of UK Census 1851 ABT 1781 APR 1851

10. Tim

Can you take a snapshot of the error and post it here? Then we can see the format. I use GreenShot for snipping but you can use anything.

11. Tim

Have a look at the 2 individuals. See if you can see where the issue lies. Is the census ref correct for 1851?

12. FredC

FredC LostCousins Member

The census reference data for the individuals in 1851 and 1901 in both Ancestry and FMP are the same.
    I'm not really sure what the issue is?

13. MelG

MelG LostCousins Member

Re the install problem, AVG Anitvirus has updated its database overnight and doesn't see the install as a threat so now the program installs & runs ok.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  14. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

You could ask Trump for some guidelines.......?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alexander Bisset

Could you generate a GEDCOM file with just these two individuals in it then create an issue following the link at ftanalyzer.com/issues. I can then have a look at the GEDCOM you upload to the issue and determine what the problem is.

The thing that looks odd is "UK Census 1851 ABT 1781 APR 1851" and "Piece: 3589, Folio: 55, Page: 47 date of UK Census 1901 21 MAY 1842 ABT 1905 " as neither looks like a census reference more like the results of several columns.

16. Alexander Bisset

Sounds like it was just a false positive.