1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FT Analyzer Help please

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Doreen, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

PROBLEM SOLVED before this got posted and I don't know how to delete it :) I know most of you Brits will be snuggled in bed right now, but if there is anyone reading this that can give me a hand, I would appreciate some help with launching FT Analyzer. It has been several weeks since I've used it, and when I try, I get "Cannot Start Application" - when I click on details, I get "+ The deployment identity does not match the subscription" error. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

If I read this rightly you have resolved the matter about which you posted. If this is not the case I suggest you uninstall FTA completely (it has its own uninstaller: click Settings/Programs & Features/FT Analyzer/Uninstall) then, when complete download the latest version which I believe is 5.3.1.1. You should find it here; FTA

3. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

Thanks, Bob! I thought I had resolved it by reinstalling it which is why I marked problem solved. It did reinstall fine BUT when I went to use it I got this kind of report:

"Lost Cousins fact with no Lost Cousins census country : 1870
    Totals: 1924 Found, 1 Missing
    Lost Cousins facts recorded:
    1881 England & Wales Census: 14 Found, 0 Missing
    1841 England & Wales Census: 2 Found, 0 Missing
    1911 England & Wales Census: 36 Found, 1 Missing

What happened? Do I have to go back in and add country now?

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Alex has been adding in the ability to capture and analyse the 1939 residence facts. I think this may have caused some issues with the Facts entered for US 1940 Census.

5. MaggieL

MaggieL LostCousins Star

I had FT Analyzer loaded but haven't used it for a while. Now it says that this project has been moved.
    "NOTE This documentation has been moved from Codeplex largely unchanged and requires a LOT of revision, in particular a lot of links will be broken or still refer back to Codeplex" It also says "View FTAnalyzer on GitHub)" But I don't see how to reinstall it or even if it is still available.

6. Tim

I'll have a look and let you know the new paths.

7. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I too had not used FTA for a while but when reading your post I opened it and uploaded a Gedcom and it functioned as before (at least to the first task given to show those missing from the 1881 Census).

I knew the project was to be moved from CodePlex which is to shut down (or already has) and by clicking on Help (About) in FTA you can navigate to find the message you mentioned and indeed the GitHub link. I assumed the process would still work by finding and downloading FTA but perhaps Tim will say if different.

8. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

When I opened FTA an automatic check was performed to make sure that I was using the latest version. I have v5.3.1.5 and it did not attempt to load a later version.

9. Tim

Same here Bryman, but there is a Ver 6.0.0.0 Beta 1 on Github but I'm not sure it's linked yet.

10. MaggieL

MaggieL LostCousins Star

Done. When I tried to download it yesterday, it kept giving the same message as before; but now it works, although I did have to uninstall the previous one.

11. Tim

Good News Maggie.