1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

From Remembrance to Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Stephen L, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Stephen L

Stephen L LostCousins Member

Another one with free access for this weekend until Sunday 13th September - Fold 3

I am interested in WWI Pension Ledgers and Index Cards, 1914-1923 and have just got the image I wanted. A 2 x great aunt received a pension as the "guardian" of the deceased soldier's child. She was the mother of the illegitimate son. I found the record on Ancestry but have taken advantage of this free access to get the image of the document.
    I don't know what else on Fold 3 is unique to the site but probably some of their records are.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. I would like to clarify, the pension ledgers and index cards are for the UK. Fold3 is not all about USA, it also includes NZ, OZ and Canada. I have a the subscription along with my Ancestry sub which allows you to attach the records in Fold3 to your Ancestry tree.
    Even so, Fold3 as a stand alone is well worth a look.