1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free access to UK census records on Ancestry for the Bank Holiday weekend

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Tony, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

Chris Paton's British GENES blog reports "Ancestry is offering free access to its UK census records collections from 1841-1911 for the Bank Holiday weekend. The records will be available to search for free from 00:00 BST on August 23rd 2013 until 23:59 BST on August 26th".

• Good tip Good tip x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

You will need to register for a free account with the company to gain access.

3. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Thank you Tony, I have had a great afternoon tracking down some elusive family members in the 1841 census - now to enter them onto My Ancestors.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Just wish the bank holidays weekends would coincide with ours overseas! What with the time difference it's tricky taking advantage of these freebies and then I got side tracked by a long standing brick wall. I should have spent a bit more time on the 1841 census, it's one I tend to forget due to its lack of detail.

5. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Ahem, Scotland doesn't have the same public hols as the other countries in the United Kingdom. Business as usual today north of the border.