1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Findmypast trace Theresa May's family tree

Discussion in 'GRO' started by peter, Apr 30, 2013.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Unbeknown to me, the time I was writing to the Home Secretary Roy Stockdill was tracing her family tree on behalf of findmypast.

The results were published last month on the findmypast blog.

2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Did she have to order expensive certificates and wait ages for them to be delivered? If only she knew someone in the Home Office who could influence change and get the system digitised!! :rolleyes:

3. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Having given this area some thought for any possible advantage for us to use, the only answer I can give to your question is a "No". "........Roy Stockdill was tracing her family tree [for free?] on behalf of findmypast........." Oh, to be so blessed and I would possibly be wondering what all the fuss is about! :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should be looking in detail at her family tree and estimating the total cost of related certificates..... although I do appreciate our main aim is to concentrate on the benefits to be gained for all, not just family historians.