1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Finding institutions in the 1901 census

Discussion in 'More British Isles Resources' started by Emma, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Emma

Emma Member

On FMP I recently found someone in the army in a long list of soldiers in the 1901 census. On these type of images it doesn't show at the top of the page exactly where the census was taken and unlike those on the 1911 census it doesn't have the "related images" option which can then take you to the cover showing the relevant information. I made a note of the census reference and searched for it using Google.

An interesting website popped up which lists the various piece numbers. Scroll down to the county you are interested and click on the appropriate piece number which then displays the different page numbers and describes the establishment. In my case it revealed Station Hospital, Stoke Damerel and the description that it was a military hospital.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1