1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Finding all ancestor census records to add to the Lost Cousins data base

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by RonO, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

I don't use FTA and think the important thing is to be methodical in whatever way suits you best. I'd been researching my family tree for almost 15 years when I joined Lost Cousins so I started by inputting all the census information I already had. I think I entered what I had on my ancestors first, then moved on to their children and siblings, working methodically through each branch one at a time. It took a while but I go there in the end.

I probably could have very quickly added a custom fact to each person as I went along, but it didn't occur to me as at the time I didn't really know anything about FTA, and I was happy with the methodical approach I was using.

Having entered all my existing information I then made entering newly found census information at Lost Cousins part and parcel of my ongoing research.

• Agree Agree x 2