1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FamilySearch: Family Tree

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by AndyMick, May 12, 2013.

1. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

I'm entering one of my ONS branches on to the Family Tree at the LDS FamilySearch site. You can upload a GEDCOM file, but then have to review each member and see if they match an existing entry. With many of them this is not a problem.

However with some people, I get 100s of possible matches, mainly people who share christian name and year of birth - so Mary Micklethwaite of 1813 gets matched with all the Marys (no surname given) born in 1813. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone else use the LDS Family Tree?