1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Family Tree Maker and synchronisation with Ancestry

Discussion in 'Family Tree Maker' started by Norman, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

For local PC use I have both Family Tree Maker 2014 (the latest and last version produced) and Rootsmagic. I use Rootsmagic because of it's ability to produce web pages for me to upload to my family web site. As some of you know FTM has been discontinued and will cease to synchronise with ancestry.co.uk at some time soon. I cannot recall whether a date for the discontinuation of that service has been communicated.

When running FTM today it is telling me I'm not logged on (to Ancestry) and fails when I try to connect in order to synchronise. Are others experiencing the same? Has the synchronisation service now been stopped?

Rootsmagic are working on the ability to replace the FTM synchronisation service but is not yet ready for "roll out".

2. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/...mation-on-family-tree-maker-desktop-software/ dated 9 December 2015 contains:

and other relevant information.

Edit: just checked and no problem accessing Ancestry through FTM.

Phil

3. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

One way or another Norman (I refer to your RAID and W10 AU problems) things are not really going your way. Like Phil I too was able to access Ancestry through FTM and even downloaded a new Ancestry Tree into FTM. Me thinks your problem with FTM/Ancestry is linked into the new W10 setup.

4. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

No, it was happening on both my PC and my wife's new laptop. The problem lasted for a few hours but both now connect without problem. I'm guessing it was an Ancestry problem.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1