1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Errors in Ancestry Trees

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by Willibrod, Oct 8, 2019.

1. I have experienced the same, it's paying lip service and I wonder if they take it with a pinch of salt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JoyNor

JoyNor Guest

I was browsing through some old topics on the forums here and although this has been dormant for a while nothing changes does it! I just searched a name on Ancestry of a man born in 1685, who may be an ancestor so I was curious to see who else had him in their tree. I found 28 pages of public/private tree references and the vast majority have Johannis born 1685 and dying in 1804. That was a ripe old age! Not one of them had any source or reference other than a few that I checked had obviously just copied someone else's Ancestry tree (so assume that is what they had all done). I wish there was some way on Ancestry to mark, for your own future reference, that you have seen these trees and dismissed them as utter rubbish! Another person on the same line had married his own mother 4 years before he was born!