1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Some new members aren't following the advice on posting links - please read it!
  3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. Both the main LostCousins site and this forum have been upgraded to that you can log-in securely. If you are not automatically taken to the secure site simply add https:// at the beginning of the URL.
  5. Guest - have you tested your DNA with Ancestry? Do you have English or Welsh ancestors, and do you know which counties most of them came from? If so please take part in my project by completing the NEW spreadsheet and uploading the results
  6. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join please register NOW!

Enter family through DNA matches

Discussion in 'Where should I post this message?' started by PeterM, Jun 29, 2019.

1. PeterM

PeterM LostCousins Member

I am unable to enter my family on Lost Cousins that were living in Northern Ireland as there is no census for 1881 and they have all emigrated by 1901. I have confirmed some family living in USA, Canada and Australia through DNA and with what little records are available. Can these be added as family using census information from these countries? There are then other DNA matches that I have to the family that I cannot confirm through records. Because of the quite rare family name - Menah/Menagh - I am certain there is a match. Should I add these as family?