1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Download feature disabled

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by NinaE, Nov 11, 2019.

1. NinaE

NinaE Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

Wanting to download over Remembrance weekend I discovered that the Download option had disappeared. Same thing early this morning when they still had the special home page displayed. Later this morning when the home page returned to normal, the Download option had returned. I am guessing that they disabled it to prevent free users being able to download but it is not really fair on us paying subscribers who then get a poorer service than usual? Especially as they seem to have discontinued the subscription extension they used to give us when they had free periods for all. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Peter explained the download issue in another thread about FMP Remembrance weekend

I also found FMP very slow over the weekend, presumably due to the increased traffic on their servers.

3. NinaE

NinaE Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

Thanks very much ... I hadn't noticed Peter's earlier comment

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If you had visited the forum over the weekend there would have been a notice at the top of the screen linking to that post.