1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Deleting entries in Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by DaveMcS, Feb 17, 2021.

1. DaveMcS

DaveMcS LostCousins Member

I have removed a few incorrect people in my FTM, if then I upload the relevant GEDCOM into FTA and use the "Lost Cousins" tab, will those deleted entries be removed from Lost Cousins (they had been wrongly entered into LC also)?

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

No. FTAnalyzer only adds. You will have to go into Lost Cousins and remove them there.

3. DaveMcS

Hmm.. Thanks Tim, I thought as much.

So, if I can't remember those deleted, then I need to check each LC family group against my FTM record - that will take a while methinks.

But thanks again, next time I will take a note of the deletions

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

How good are your Excel skills?
    You can copy/paste Lost Cousins data and export the census facts from FTA and use vlookup or filters.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Good tip Good tip x 1
  5. DaveMcS

Fairly good with Excel, though I'm a newbie with FTA - tks Tim I like that idea, I will look into it.

Dave

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1