1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Death in Rhyl but no indication of burial site

Discussion in 'Flintshire' started by Jean, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Jean

Jean New Member

Christiana Hughes died in Rhyl in 1929 and I am unable to find the site of her burial/cremation. She is not marked as being with her husband who is in St. Johns Churchyard, Llangollen. I have tried online sites to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jean, how sure are you of the exact spelling of the name? The place and the year? A quick check and I can find a death in 1927 but in St. Asaph.

Have you tried the local papers? I think the Liverpool Daily Post covers that area as well as the North Wales Chronicle.

3. Emma

Emma Member

Have you been in contact with Denbighshire County Council to check whether they hold records for the cemeteries in their area?

4. Jean

Jean New Member

Thanks Tim and Emma. You are correct the death was 1927 and the registration district was St. Asaph (down the road from Rhyl), but the actual death occurred in Rhyl (have death cert.). Have emailed Denbigh CC in the past but received no reply. Will try the papers as suggested, but they may just have the obituary and not the cemetery.