1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Coupon code for forums

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by Pauline, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

Having recently added more census entries, my match potential has gone up and I noticed that a new Coupon code for the forums had appeared. So I entered the new code in my personal details at the forums only to discover that I had reverted to being a Lost Cousins Member instead of a Star. I changed the code back again, logged out, deleted cookies and history etc, but I'm still showing as a Member. I've now put the new coupon code back in again.

What's going on and have I done something wrong?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

You haven't done anything wrong - but I have!

3. Pauline

OK, thanks Peter. Presumably you'll let me know if I need to do anything?

4. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I seem to have shared the same fate as Pauline and was about to contact Peter when I spotted Pauline's posting. My Avatar as I post is actually devoid of any status, but I first noticed being shown as an LC Member. I am sure Peter will come to the rescue but take comfort I am not alone, and no doubt Pauline will also.

5. peter

Sorted. The problem arose because I changed the thresholds for the different levels and forgot to warn existing forum members. To avoid this happening in future don't enter a new code unless it is alphabetically greater than the one you have, ie if your current code begins GK don't enter one that begins GF - but do enter one that begins HJ.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  6. Pauline

Thank you.

7. My summary page has this message:
    Your coupon code is: NOT YET AVAILABLE (you need to enter more relatives to get an invitation to join the LostCousins forum). I don't know what my old code was, do I need to?

8. peter

Your old code is shown in the same place that you would enter your new code (if you had one), ie under Personal Details in your profile.

The threshold for entering the forum has been raised - it's now necessary for new forum members to have a Match Potential of at least 1.

9. I'm either going blind or mad because I cannot find Personal Details but I do have a My Details page and I cannot see the code there.

10. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

It's the "I wouldn't start from here" syndrome :)

You enter/find the coupon code under "profile->personal details" on this site and the "new" code, if you have one, is under "my summary" on the main web site.

Phil

11. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I see Phil beat me to it by a minute or so as I was about to advise you to go to the My Summary page on Lost Cousins site not My Details. There you will find any match potential and if the match potential qualifies, a coupon code. The coupon code is only awarded when the match potential exceeds 1.0 I believe, as I think Peter pointed out.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  12. Thanks Phil for making it so clear. As they say it's easy when you know how............