1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Common Ancestors (Ancestry subscription required)

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Katie Bee, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Peter's latest newsletter says that an Ancestry subscription is required to access the Common Ancestors feature.
    I don't have an Ancestry subscription at the moment, but I can use the Common Ancestors facility with my DNA matches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

I agree. My husband doesn't have an Ancestry subscription but can use the Common Ancestor feature. What he can't do is see the full tree of any of his DNA matches, only the 'preview' of the tree. For instance, he has a 2C1R with 105 relatives in her tree, but only 16 of these are shown in the preview. I have a subscription and manage his test so I can see the full trees of all his matches.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I didn't check again when I was writing the article, but you certainly needed a subscription the last time I did check. It's fantastic news that no subscription is required, as it's a really good feature.