1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Circus, What Circus

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Daviles, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Daviles

Daviles LostCousins Member

I got started in family history research at the reading of my Mum's will. One of the things that she mentioned was "Don't get rid of the large travelling case, it goes back to the circus days". My siblings and I looked at each other and all said "Circus, What Circus".

2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

So does one of you have "the large travelling case" ? and did you find a Circus connection?

3. Daviles

Daviles LostCousins Member

Sadly my older sister sold it to a secondhand store. She couldn't even remember who she sold it too. I did some research and found that we are descended from the Williamson Templeton family of entertainers. I have been able to trace us back to Robert Williamson Templeton who was born in Manchester in 1801 but then hit a brick wall. I think that Williamson Templeton was their stage name and it is possible that their original name was Williamson.