1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cinematopia – Old Cinemas

Discussion in 'More Resources' started by Jennie, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Cinematopia – Old Cinemas

This website has an outstanding collection of hundreds of vintage photographs mainly of Odeon cinemas, UK, taken in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies and also has a smaller collection of other and more modern cinemas.

Given also is a list of links that anyone researching in this area will find plenty of interesting websites to explore.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Thanks Jennie I was prompted to look up the Odeon in Muswell Hill, I have great memories of going there as a teenager and it is still going strong. Some of the links in the site are dead but nevertheless I pressed on and found for example the railway line I took to school for a while which I was astounded to see opened in 1873. When I searched for the Ritz also in Muswell Hill I found this great site old cinemas 2 and an attached set of photos.