1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cemetery Records of the World – Interment.net

Discussion in 'More Resources' started by Jennie, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research. The UK page covers the Channel Islands, England, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

I used the Go0gle custom search with a rarer name but it couldn’t cope with the large search but I found by only putting my search name in each country or main area I had many excellent results, especially in the UK.

2. sally52

sally52 LostCousins Member

Another cemeteries site that I have found particularly useful for US ancestors is findagrave.com. It does have some records from other countries, but I haven't used them.

Individuals can upload their own information and it can be particularly useful when someone has added images of the monuments, and built links with other family members. Sometimes there are obituaries.

You might find that on some pages people have left virtual flowers or a note - not quite as dry as most of our research sites!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Thanks Sally, I found some headstone records for my Canadian family going back to 1833 in Montreal and useful photos from Toronto cemeteries which will allow me to check some portions of my tree. The site also indicates the percentage of each cemetery that has been photographed.