1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Canadian Red Cross Quilts from Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Carolyn, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn LostCousins Member

The Third Avenue Methodist Church quilt was made in Saskatoon for the by the Red Cross Club of the church in 1918. It has over 900 signatures on it. David March in the UK and Maureen Anderson in Saskatoon have been researching the names on the quilt and compiling biographies for each one.
    I found a biography for my great uncle's wife which provided information I did not have. It also included details of my great uncle and his other wives. I was able to suggest corrections and additional information which David incorporated into the entry.
    The Marchant Grove quilt was made during WW2 to honour local people serving in the armed forces. Researched by Maxine March and Doris Schwehr who have been compiling biographies for each name
    Both are works in progress and are a fantastic effort on the part of the researchers and a great boon to those of us looking for additional information on family members. There is also a page of references for each quilt which might provide useful links for those researching in this area.

2. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Thank you so much for posting this, I am going to contact David and see if he would be interested in joining in the effort to "remember" the 100,000 service people whose CEF attestation papers have been released on the IWM Lives site,,

3. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

That number has jumped from 100,000 to 800,000 in less than 10 days , wish I could work that fast!!