1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

British Jewry Book of Honour - 1914 -1920

Discussion in 'More British Isles Resources' started by Britjan, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

This is a resource at Find My Past you may have overlooked, as I did. It has a list on men and women of the Jewish faith from across the Commonwealth who served in WWI.
    Australian here
    Canadian here
    South African here
    New Zealand here
    Unfortunately no index and all this courtesy of my Lives of the First World War co-curator Yvonne.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Found some of the index here which is page 618 in the book so do the math and you can come close to any page (I hope).
    All this thanks to an on line collaboration with co-curator Yvonne of Lives of the First World War who guided me to this volume in the first place.

3. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

and one last share because it makes all the others so much more worthwhile

4. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

I have been remiss in reviewing resources I shared in 2015 about WWI remembrance and now that the 1921 UK census is available it's a great time to look at them again. I must also acknowledge that Yvonne passed away in the summer of 2021 . She was one of the most generous people I've ever "met" in sharing knowledge and expertise via the internet.

5. Thanks Britjan. But, none of the links work unless you are a subscriber.

6. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Information like this is a bonus, and worth remembering when there is "free access" to FMP records. However a great many of the New Zealand soldiers have been remembered in detail at https://www.aucklandmuseum.com/war-memorial/online-cenotaph although the advanced search function for Jewish Faith only returns about 170 entries.