1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Are the Hurworths from Hurworth?

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Kane133, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kane133

Kane133 LostCousins Member

While visiting my 93 year old mother in March 2015 one thing that remained unresolved for her was the question … ‘do we come from Hurworth’(-on-tees)? A simple question from a woman born a Hurworth that raised a lot of other questions that resulted in researching the family tree before delving into medieval history to find if a ‘simple’ yes or no could be given ... it was no, but possibily Hurworth Bryan, Hurworth-on-the-Moor in the ancient parish of Kelloe in Durham. And now, 6000+ people later ...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1